Our City's Crowning Glory
    our Stadtkrone!





    Beautiful reflection the other night.
    I kept walking, the sun of course went down,
    and you know what happens next,










    the light atop the Hancock comes on.


    And I started thinking, for the first time, how that horizontal white stripe atop the Hancock is like the prairie. It's flat and horizontal.

    So, for example, if we were in the Rocky Mountains would the/should the building have a jagged white line on top, in the shape of an "M" ? What would that be like?

    I like what we have. It always seemed to me like a stylized snow cap on top of a mountain. Now I also like the prairie horizontality to it. And of course, it's Modernism's preference for flat tops!

    I started wondering if it's the only "city crown" that's flat.




    It is our stadtkrone, isn't it? Our city - crown.


    Many cities have them. Look at this one, though I can't tell you where it's from.




    Hm. Only thing missing is the white light on top!




    Bye-bye, gotta go.











    xxx, Edwardo

    ("xxx?" Think Hancock!)Source URL: http://ecleticsergio.blogspot.com/2006/04/our-citys-crowning-glory-our-stadtkrone.html
    Visit Beautiful Blog for Daily Updated Hairstyles Collection

Blog Archive