He would never lift a brush without saying a prayer



    Fra Angelico (1438-43);
    Fresco; Cloister of San Marco, Florence







    And now two new important and beautiful paintings by Fra Angelico have been found. [via] They were hanging behind a door in the spare room of an elderly woman's home in Oxford.

    Funny, I think behind my door in my spare room I also have two Frangelicos.







    and one bottle of Amaretto, a few maraschino cherries...

    I'd trade it all for an image of the newly found paintings. I wonder what kind of energy they gave off, behind her door, in her house all those years? Lucky woman. And maybe I'll try saying a prayer, before I create art. Not a bad idea.

    -Eduardo ancora non AngelicoSource URL: http://ecleticsergio.blogspot.com/2006/11/he-would-never-lift-brush-without.html
    Visit Beautiful Blog for Daily Updated Hairstyles Collection

Blog Archive