Architecture is undervalued

    People are wondering why Gustav Klimt's Adele Bloch-Bauer sold for a reported $135 million. Some ask if that was that too much. Some, like me, don't think so. The painting is one-of-a-kind unfathomably great, full of mystery.


    But my question is, how can that painting go for $135 million,
    and another masterpiece by an undeniably top-ranked artist,
    another work that ushered in the modern era,
    another work full of love for a woman,


    The Farnsworth House by Ludwig Mies van der Rohe -
    how come that sold at auction in 2003 for only around $ 7.5 million?!

    It even has land attached!

    How can "Adele" be worth $135 million and "Edith" only $7.5 million?

    I'd rather have the Farnsworth. And with all the money I'd save I'd buy lots of Windex.

    -ESource URL: http://ecleticsergio.blogspot.com/2007/01/architecture-is-undervalued.html
    Visit Beautiful Blog for Daily Updated Hairstyles Collection

Blog Archive