Make yourself at home with Alvar Aalto!

    Last week I walked through Aalto's great Baker Dormitory at MIT,
    and I had to take this photo (without the guy seeing me; yes it was a male!)
    to show how the students live in Aalto's masterpiece.


    Then I got home, in Chicago, and leafing through the catalog for my favorite auction house.
    Look what I saw!

    "Alvar Aalto shelving for Baker Dormitory at MIT Svenska Artek Finland, c. 1948 birch 58 w x 34.5 d x 98 h inches. This shelving system was designed by Aalto for the senior's dormitory at MIT in Cambridge, MA.
    Estimate: $4000 - 6000."


    Now you wanna pick up your clothes? Just kidding. I think it's great the guy's so comfortable!

    -EdoardoSource URL: http://ecleticsergio.blogspot.com/2007/03/make-yourself-at-home-with-alvar-aalto.html
    Visit Beautiful Blog for Daily Updated Hairstyles Collection

Blog Archive