News at Harvard's Graduate School of Design

    Dear Students, Faculty and Staff,

    Please join me for an important announcement and a celebratory reception in the pit tomorrow,
    Thursday May 8, at 6:00pm.

    Best Regards,

    Mohsen Mostafavi
    Dean

    Harvard University / Graduate School of Design /
    48 Quincy Street, Cambridge, MA 02138

    ---------------------------------------------------------
    Tomorrow I'll post what I learn.


    The Dean, with whom I had a Loeb Fellowship dinner* last week, is full of large ideas and wonderful little changes he'd like to make here. I heard visionary thinking, such as how he'd like to include more landscape design (defined very broadly) and regional thinking into the work we call "architecture;" and I heard his passion for smaller interventions- such as new lighting and a curtain in the GSD's Piper Auditorium to make it a softer, more intimate place.


    Gund Hall, home of the GSD

    Dean Mostafavi spoke of eventually adding on to the currently cramped GSD building. (He said he would not choose Rem Koolhaas for that, having already commissioned Rem while at Cornell.)

    He also wants to beef up the Harvard publications on architecture.

    But I don't know yet what he'll announce tomorrow. .


    *Last week also included dinners with Kenneth Frampton and Rafael Moneo. I'm going to miss this!Source URL: http://ecleticsergio.blogspot.com/2008/05/news-at-harvard-graduate-school-of.html
    Visit Beautiful Blog for Daily Updated Hairstyles Collection

Blog Archive