The structure of Chicago

    Flying in to Chicago from Los Angeles in April, what struck me most were the bare trees. No ornament and color of leaves. Just the structure of branches. From O'Hare to where I was going I passed forests of ornament-less life. Poles of trees and then Poles, the people. It all made sense when I went to see the very profound, thorough and moving, Buckminster Fuller exhibition at Chicago's Museum of Contemporary Art (MCA). He will make you think about structure; and about Nature's structures. And when I looked out the back window of the MCA, I got it. The shadows of the trees and the Sol LeWitt on the lawn, in April, are of a piece.


    Source URL: http://ecleticsergio.blogspot.com/2009/04/structure-of-chicago.html
    Visit Beautiful Blog for Daily Updated Hairstyles Collection

Blog Archive