Hollywood, Jack Black, and the Italian Renaissance

    I used to live in Italy and I'd walk around and see art like this:

    Now I live in the U.S. and I drive around and I see art like this:



    Renaissance Italy                               
    Hollywood taps into hard-wired high culture.



    Bottom: Renaissance Ideal City.  I suppose neither US cities nor Italian cities look quite like that today. Or ever did. 
    Jack Black in Gulliver's Travels - 2010  Piero della Francesca - The Ideal City
    Andrea Mantegna The Lamentation over the Dead Christ 1480 Pinacoteca di Brera of Milan, Italy.vanishing perspective
    Source URL: http://ecleticsergio.blogspot.com/2011/01/hollywood-jack-black-and-italian.html
    Visit Beautiful Blog for Daily Updated Hairstyles Collection

Blog Archive